What's new in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 22.214.171.124
April 25th, 2018
- Changed: Initial Scan scans all local drives
- Fixed: GUI does not start when user logs off and on
- Fixed: GUI constantly displays single file Context scans as “In-progress”
- Fixed: Real-time file system protection does not run automatically after temporary pause
- Fixed: Unable to lock decrypted virtual drive or USB
- Fixed: JAWS Log filtering window does not read properly
- Fixed: Various internal and localization bugs
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 126.96.36.199 (October 25th, 2017)
- New and Improved Features:
- Connected Home Monitor—Renamed from "Home Network Protection" and added a new feature to scan router-connected IoT devices (Internet of Things) to test for vulnerabilities such as weak passwords, open ports and known services.
- UEFI Scanner—Proactive scanning that runs in the background and only notifies you if a problem is detected.
- License Manager—New feature added to my.eset.com that allows you to view and manage your licenses and connected devices.
- System cleaner—New tool to help restore default settings after a malware infection.
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 10.0.369.0 (October 25th, 2016)
- High performance and low system impact:
- Version 10 is designed for efficient use of system resources, allowing you to enjoy your computer's performance while defending against new types of threats.
- Windows 10 compatibility:
- ESET fully supports Microsoft Windows 10.
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 10.0.106.0 Beta (May 21st, 2016)
- Script-Based Attack Protection
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9.0.381.0 (May 20th, 2016)
- Added: Clickable banner for ESET Mobile Security
- Fixed : Minor bugs
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9.0.375.0 (May 19th, 2016)
- Vulnerability fixes
- Activation fixes
- Stability fixes BPP
- Sha-2 signature updated
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9.0.349.0 (December 9th, 2015)
- Added: Support for screen reader software (JAWS)
- Added: Support for Outlook 2016 (Antispam plugin)
- Added: License info about seat count
- Fixed: Issues with printing and Windows updates
- Fixed: Wrong categorization of virtual networks
- Fixed: Issues with settings migration when upgrading from previous versions
- Changed: Updated list of application status messages
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9.0.318.0 (October 14th, 2015)
- Botnet Protection (Improved):
- Network signatures allow fast identification and blocking of malicious traffic coming to and from your devices that are related to bots and exploit packs. This enhanced feature of Botnet Protection is added automatically to the Botnet Protection module and does not require any user interaction.
- Online Help (New):
- The documentation included in version 9 has been updated to use ESET online help. The online help file will offer dynamically updated support content by pressing the F1 key or by clicking the question mark on each screen. If the system does not have Internet connectivity, the offline version of the help files will open.
- GUI redesigned (New):
- The Graphical User Interface (GUI) has been updated to match the new ESET product design. The new design provides better visibility to important information and a more intuitive user experience.
- New Licensing (New):
- The version 9 licensing model has changed. A License Key has replaced the username and password for activation.
- Firewall Troubleshooting wizard:
- The troubleshooting wizard will guide you through the troubleshooting process to correct firewall issues with specific applications or devices. The wizard will suggest a new set of rules to be applied if you approve them.
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8.0.312.0 (July 28th, 2015)
- Updated: EULA, Country list, DetectAV engine
- Fixed: Localization bugs
- Fixed: Egui doesn't remember the size of window
- Fixed: Scheduled tasks "on computer startup" don't work on Windows 8+
- Fixed: First scan cannot be stopped from popup
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 188.8.131.52 Beta (May 28th, 2015)
- NEW: Banking & Payment Protection
- ENHANCED: Botnet Protection
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 184.108.40.206 Beta (August 5th, 2014)
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7.0.317.4 (May 20th, 2014)
- Improved: Processing of error codes during activation
- Resolved: Issues with application update notifications
- Resolved: Problems with Antispam module crashes
- Fixed: Problem with Windows Action Center notifications
- Fixed: Issue with event notifications being sent without content
- Fixed: Problem with toast notifications not being displayed on Windows 8
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7.0.302.0 (October 16th, 2013)
- Exploit Blocker:
- A powerful defense against threats avoiding detection. Stops attacks on browsers, document readers and email clients.
- Advanced Memory Scanner:
- Gives you extra protection from heavily-encrypted malware. Scans for threats directly in the system‘s memory.
- Lighter, Faster build:
- Extremely small updates and ESET‘s cloud-powered scanning delivers faster scans.
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 220.127.116.11 Beta (July 16th, 2013)
- Added Specialized cleaner
- Added progress bar for currently scanned files
- Added configuration of action to be taken after a removable device is connected
- Fixed bugs discovered after the June release
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 18.104.22.168 Beta (June 11th, 2013)
- ESET Advanced Memory Scanner stops heavily-encrypted threats designed to avoid detection. With improved capabilities to analyze decrypted, “stripped” files directly in memory, the software can effectively prevent new and unknown malware attacks.
- Vulnerability Shield provides robust protection against attempts to exploit known network vulnerabilities.
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6.0.316.0 (April 2nd, 2013)
- Fix: Resolved issue with activation in specific countries
- Fix: Resolved issue with product icons in virtual machines
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6.0.314.0 (March 19th, 2013)
- Fix: Resolved issue with Anti-Theft not sending screenshots in specific cases
- Fix: Better error handling during during Anti-Theft configuration
- Fix: More Outlook 2013 fixes which address crashes of the plugin
- Fix: Improved experience after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8
- New: SysRescue supports Windows 8
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6.0.308.0 (January 21st, 2013)
- Fix: Outlook plugin crashed in specific situations
- Fix: SSL scanning issue with certain type of data
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6.0.306.0 (January 15th, 2013)
- Rollback previous virus signature database:
- If you suspect that a virus signature database or product module update may be unstable or corrupt, you can roll back to the previous version and disable updates for a set period of time.
- Improved Anti-Phishing protection:
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus will display a warning notification with several options when a web browser attempts to access websites or domains catalogued in the ESET malware database.
- Regular full scan:
- For increased security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 6 can regularly perform a full scan of your computer during idle time. The scan is optimized not to run when the computer is operating on battery power. Regular full scans help detect inactive threats on the computer and improve ESET cloud information about known and unknown threats or files.
- Scanning improvements of downloaded files:
- In previous versions, files downloaded from the internet were scanned by ESET only after they were completely downloaded. ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 6 scans specific file types (e.g. archives) during the download process so that the user does not have to wait until after the download process for files to be scanned.
- Unified application notifications:
- The design and layout of all notification windows has been unified across version 6.
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 22.214.171.124 (December 11th, 2012)
- Enhancement: Added detection of Windows 8 Metro interface to gamer mode
- Enhancement: Added support of Windows 8 Metro applications to firewall
- Fix: Windows Store doesn't work with SSL scanning
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 126.96.36.199 Beta (May 17th, 2012)
- NEW FEATURES:
- Anti-Theft (in the final release, the feature will be available in ESET Smart Security 6 only) – Automatically monitors a missing device and displays its position on a map based on visible Wi-Fi networks in range when it comes online. It allows the user to access the gathered information at my.eset.com, allowing him/her to watch the thief via built-in camera without him knowing.
- Idle-state Scanning:
- Performs in-depth scan when the computer is not being used, aiding system performance and detecting potential inactive threats before they can cause any damage. The new product also performs scans already while downloading files. Conserves computer power when in battery mode by turning off idle-state scanning.
- Scan while Downloading Files:
- Decreases scanning time by scanning specific file types − such as archives or smartphone updates − already during the download process.
- Update Rollback
- IMPROVED FEATURES:
- Heuristics – detection directly in memory
- Cloud-based reputation of files
- Personal Firewall
- Neater GUI with activity status
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 188.8.131.52 (May 17th, 2012)
- Enhancement: Added Statistics of Scanned Files in the main Home Screen
- Enhancement: Added more information about running processes reputation from ESET Live Grid
- Support: Able to activate product using proxy server
- Support: Ability to use the renewal keys in product
- Added: Settings for Removable Media blocking and Antirootkit present in main User Interface under Setup
- Fix: Shadow of the "quick menu" is being repainted during openeing
- Fix: GUI opened in a large window
- Fix: irrelevant notification buble is shown when no action is required
- Fix: issues with stopping of ESET service during installation
- Fix: Runtime error with HP Protect Tools, ESET gui crash
- Fix: Removable media blocking functionality does not block devices for particular Windows Accounts
- Fix: Files are still scanned by real-time protection after swithing it off
- Fix: Schedule update task can not be started from main menu in SysRescue User Interface
- Fix: Several Crashing of ESET User Interface under some circumstances
- Fix: Advanced scanning options are not working in Computer Scan
- Fix: Activated product reports it's not activated
- Fix: IMAPS,POP3S checking of protocols and ports for selected applications does not work correctly
- Fix: Notification window about disabling some type of protection is not displayed if some other protection is already disabled
- Fix: inconsistence in status for updated virus signature database within User Interface
- Fix: Any windows user can force execution of planed task
- Fix: SSL filtering in Chrome does not work under some circumstances
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 184.108.40.206 (December 7th, 2011)
- Fix: issues with installation on other than default location
- Fix: issues with re-activation of product in a case of no internet connection
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 220.127.116.11 (September 13th, 2011)
- Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) protects your system from malware and unwanted activity attempting to negatively affect your computer. HIPS utilizes advanced behavioral analysis coupled with the detection capabilities of network filtering to monitor running processes, files and registry keys, actively blocking and preventing any such attempts.
- Join ESET Live Grid network:
- Built on ThreatSense.net advanced early warning system, ESET Live Grid is designed to provide additional levels of security to your computer. It constantly monitors your system’s running programs and processes against the latest intelligence collected from millions of ESET users worldwide. Additionally, your system scans are processed faster and more precisely as the ESET Live Grid database grows over time. This allows us to offer greater proactive protection and speed of scanning to all our users. We recommend that you activate this feature and we thank you for your support.
- Removable media control:
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus provides removable media (CD/DVD/USB/...) control. This module allows you to scan, block or adjust extended filters/permissions and control how the user can access and work with a given device. This may be useful if the computer administrator wishes to prevent removable media insertion with unsolicited content by users.
- Gamer mode:
- Gamer mode is a feature for gamers that demand uninterrupted usage of their software, do not wish to be disturbed by pop-up windows and want to minimize CPU usage. Gamer mode can also be used as a presentation mode, when a presentation cannot be interrupted by antivirus activity. By enabling this feature, all pop-up windows are disabled and the activity of the scheduler will be completely stopped. System protection still runs in the background but does not demand any user interaction.
- Check for product updates:
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus can be configured, in addition to virus signature database updates and program modules updates, to check regularly for the latest product version. During the installation process, using an older installation package, you can decide if you want to automatically download and install the latest version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- New design:
- The main window of ESET NOD32 Antivirus has been completely redesigned and Advanced Setup is more intuitive for easier navigation.
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 18.104.22.168 Beta (May 6th, 2011)
- The new product generation introduces a batch of new technological
- improvements coupled with advanced features to protect your PC from all types of threats, including viruses, worms, rootkits and spyware.
- Thorough Protection of Your Online Identity:
- Utilizing multiple layers of detection, ESET NOD32 Antivirus blocks all vectors used by computer threats to expose sensitive user information. The cloud-based scanning increases the level of security even more.
- Small System Footprint:
- The unique build of ESET NOD32 Antivirus has been optimized over the years to perfectly match the system environment. ESET engineered a smart solution with the lowest system footprint on the market ensuring fast startup and smooth performance.
- Easy on You:
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus offers a clean visual experience, putting all important tools and functions at your fingertips. In case interaction is required, you are presented with intuitively obvious actions to address the issue.
- Gamer Mode:
- When in full-screen mode, ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 automatically switches to silent mode, which saves system resources, so you can enjoy playing computer games or concentrate on important work tasks without distractions from pop-up messages.
- Advanced HIPS Functionality:
- This one is for real Geeks – now you can customize the behavior of the system in greater detail: specify rules for the system registry, active processes and programs, and fine-tune your security posture.
- Advanced Setup Tree:
- Redesigned advanced setup tree for more intuitive and easier navigation.
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 22.214.171.124 (January 27th, 2011)
- Fix: Lockups on certain system configurations
- Fix: Memory leaks when gui stays maximized for a longer period of time
- Fix: Mail saved as Draft is scanned with antispam and eventually moved to the Junk folder in Windows Live Mail
- Added: Button for adding applications to the list of applications excluded from content filtering
- Added: Support for scanning SSL in Firefox 4
- Added: Support for SAGETECH Enterprise Right Management
- Added: Support for Cisco ASA WebSSL Smart Tunnel
- Added: Support for Parallels Virtuoso
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 126.96.36.199 (November 16th, 2010)
- Fix: Outlook 2010 crashes when emptying the "Deleted Items" folder
- Fix: System stalls during logon
- Fix: Rare ESET service and SysInspector crashes
- Fix: Slow saving files to shared folders
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 188.8.131.52 (November 13th, 2010)
- Fix: Computer hangs when going to sleep/hibernate on Windows 7 (usually in combination with Dropbox)
- Fix: Sysrescue Wizard cannot detect the Czech version of Windows Automated Installation Kit
- Fix: Enhanced support of scanning of virtual drives used by Office 2010
- Fix: Opening Office documents from Novell shared folder is not possible
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 184.108.40.206 (July 7th, 2010)
- Fix: Creation of temporary profiles on Windows 7 system
- Fix: ESI memory leak on x64 systems
- Fix: Issues with ClusterStorage cluster folder
- Fix: Default settings buttons not working correctly
- Fix: Windows Live Mail crash occurs randomly when DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is enabled for wlmail.exe
- Fix: GUI crash when scanning e-mail.
- Fix: Taskbar color and the window icons not synchronized with the systray icon color
- Fix: Real-time protection not working after reinstallation of EAV / ESS
- Enhancement: Added MS Outlook 2010 support
- Fix: Added detection of MS Outlook Click-to-Run 2010 installation
- Fix: Tag messages appended also to clean email sent from Outlook Express
- Fix: Tooltips displayed even with the "Show tooltips" option disabled
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 220.127.116.11 (April 6th, 2010)
- Fix: Issues with HTTP scanner with longer domain names ( support for length of domain name to 256 characters)
- Fix: Issues after PC restart when firewall system integration is "only scan application protocols"
- Fix: When ESS installed with disabled FW, dialog about trusted networks not displayed
- Fix: Installation of ESS using Remote Desktop; after selecting firewall's "Interactive mode", the session will interrupt
- Fix: Long file name makes trouble with logs in "document protection enabled" mode
- Fix: Scan profile settings not retained after reinstallation
- Fix: Open ESI log of EAV doesn't work on Microsoft Windows NT4.0
- Fix: Not possible to save EAV's ESI log and export service script on Microsoft Windows NT4.0
- Fix: Wrong settings imported from ESS configuration cause problems in EAV
- Fix: All ESI logs are lost after upgrade from V4 to V4.2
- Fix: Impossible to delete the on-demand Scan Log in ESS
- Fix: Fixed ceasing of scan tasks when logged in as standard user
- Fix: Minor issues with Trusted zone conversion from older to newer version
- Fix: Unification of behavior when disabling some parts of EAV/ESS/EMS in the main settings window
- Fix: Possible to delete log of a running on-demand scan
- Fix: X64 Vista + win7: UAC appears when opening ESI log from ESS/EAV GUI
- Fix: Minor Thunderbird and Outlook issues.
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 18.104.22.168 Beta (December 23rd, 2009)
- Added support for AIK 2.0 for Windows 7
- Added support for Windows NT 4.0 SP6
- Improved performance for http scanning
- Added support for Dynamic Disks
- Changed password input control
- Extended data can be sent from the internal contact customer care form
- Antivirus & Antispyware
- Antivirus and Antispyware exceptions can be added in quotation marks
- Settings from On-Demand Scanner profiles can now copy all values
- Display notification about scan completion in a separate window functions properly
- Repair installation no longer disables real-time protection after restart
- ESET SysRescue
- Added ability to include external programs on ISO images
- Fixed issue creating bootable disk on different types of media
- Fixed issue with detecting HDD and LAN under Windows XP SP3
- Repaired incorrect/random date displayed under "Last successful update" before an update has occurred
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.474 (November 26th, 2009)
- Fix: Scheduler task not displaying scan targets
- Fix: Slow opening of Office documents from a Windows 2003 server share
- Fix: Intermittent error when saving files on Windows 7
- Other minor fixes and improvements
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.467 (September 24th, 2009)
- Fixed: External driver injection in ESET SysRescue on Microsoft Windows 7 RC fails when this option is selected in the advanced mode of ESET SysRescue wizard
- Fixed: Error sending a file via "Send to" in the right-click menu. The problem only occurs in combination of Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Outlook 2003 when the Microsoft Outlook process is not running.
- Fixed: Mozilla Thunderbird with IMAP account freezes when a virus-laden message is received
- Improved: Compatibility with server operating systems
- Improved: HTTP scanning compatibility
- Other minor fixes and improvements
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.442 (September 24th, 2009)
- Fixed – localization issues
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.437 (September 24th, 2009)
- Fixed: After installation of ESET Smart Security 4.0.424, some web sites are blocked with http scanner (seznam.cz)
- Fixed: Thunderbird plug-in may corrupt email in some occasions + several minor fixes
- Fixed: Problem with the creation of Rescue CD after reinstallation from ESET Smart Security 4 to ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4
- Minor fixes in ESET SysInspector
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.424 (September 24th, 2009)
- Fixed: Outlook Express - random email corruption with large attachment when scanning during reading
- Fixed: Issue with functionality of Mozilla Thunderbird after reinstallation/upgrade from V3 to V4 or after adding extension
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.417 (September 24th, 2009)
- Fixed: protocol filtering (correct displaying on list of certificates)
- Fixed: Settings of scanning size (GB) within archive is displaying correctly
- Fixed several issues in firewall module:
- Detection for Conficker added
- Fixed detection of TCP stream
- Fixed detection of binary rules in ipv6
- Fixed BSOD on Vista caused by entering mapped drives
- Removed potencial deadlock during Windows log on process
- Fixed detection for DNS cache poisoning attack
- Fixes and changes in ICMP filtering
- Fixed scanning of ARP
- Fixed issue with disconnecting of routers and data transfer cards from internet
New in ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.226 RC1 (February 18th, 2009)
- Exclusions now supported for mapped network drives (both the mapped and the UNC paths must be specified)
- Added "Smart Scan" option for quick and effective scans (parameters will be adjusted in future versions)